Villa Maria del Mar: A Gift by the Sea
Villa Maria del Mar, in Santa Cruz, CA, is a strikingly beautiful retreat center located on the bluffs overlooking Monterey Bay on the Pacific Ocean. A stunning view of the bay and easy access to the beach makes this an ideal place for quiet reflection and retreat.
The Villa serves a diversity of individuals and groups, who seek a place for prayer, authenticity and union with the Holy in their lives.
In order to foster this health, wholeness and balance, the Villa provides the following:
- Clean rooms, private or double, with a bath.
- Healthy meals prepared by the Epicurean Group including a salad bar and fresh fruit.
- A chapel is available for our guests’ use. A Catholic liturgy is celebrated on Saturdays at 4:00 pm by the priests from Our Lady Star of the Sea parish.
- Meeting rooms are equipped with TV, DVD and CD players. The main meeting room has microphones, a podium, screen, easel, chalkboard and projector. Arrangements for equipment use need to be made before arrival.
Other amenities of the Villa include:
- Gardens for walking or sitting
- On-site parking
- An elevator in the main house
- Free WIFI
- Guest computer and printer
- Photocopying and faxing
Arranging a Visit:
Individuals or group leaders interested in arranging a visit to tour the grounds can call the Villa registrar (831-475-1236) Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure a reservation; $50 deposit per room for overnight stay or $10 deposit for day use.
- Please see Fee Schedule below to view our current reservation rates.
- Payment of balance is due 1 week prior to arrival and is non-refundable.
- Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
- Guests are welcome any time after 2:00 pm and rooms are available at 4:00 pm.
- No pets allowed. Certified service animals may be permitted with prior authorization.
Additional Information for Group Reservations:
- Groups designate a coordinator to communicate with the Villa staff and hostess.
- The group coordinator is responsible to communicate Villa policies to their participants and communicate all needs with the Villa staff.
- Two weeks before arriving, the group coordinator assigns group members to their Villa rooms and to makes arrangements for meeting room set‐up and AV equipment. He/she assists the Villa with the event while the group is on‐site.
Rates for Villa Maria Del Mar Retreat Center
Rates for 2019 to 2020
Interested in making a reservation?
Please choose either Individual or Group retreat below or contact the Reservations Coordinator
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 831-475-1236 (Monday through Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm)
* Overnight stay requires a $50 per room non-refundable deposit.
* Day Use requires a $10 non-refundable deposit.
* Payment of balance is due 1 week prior to arrival and is non-refundable.
* Application for partial scholarship funds is available upon request for SNJM sponsored retreats.
* Seaview Room requires 25+ guests to reserve.
* Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
* No pets allowed. Certified service animals may be permitted with prior authorization.