Villa Maria del Mar: A Gift by the Sea
Villa Maria del Mar, in Santa Cruz, CA, is a strikingly beautiful retreat center located on the bluffs overlooking Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary on the Pacific Ocean. A stunning view of the bay and easy access to the beach make The Villa an ideal place for quiet reflection and retreat.
The Villa serves a diversity of individuals and groups, who seek a place for prayer, authenticity, and union with the Holy in their lives.
In order to foster health, wholeness and balance, the Villa provides the following:
- Clean rooms, private or double, with a bath.
- Healthy meals, prepared by Epicurean Group, include a salad bar and fresh fruit.
- Our chapel is available for our guests’ use. A Catholic liturgy is celebrated on Saturdays at 4:00 pm by priests from Our Lady Star of the Sea parish.
- Meeting rooms are equipped with TV, DVD and CD players. The main meeting room has microphones, a podium, screen, easel, chalkboard and projector. Arrangements for equipment use need to be made before arrival.
Other amenities of the Villa include:
- Gardens for walking or sitting
- On-site parking
- An elevator in the main house
- Free WIFI
- Guest computer and printer
- Photocopying and faxing
Arranging a Visit:
Individuals or group leaders interested in arranging a visit to tour the grounds can call the Villa registrar (831-475-1236) Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure a reservation; $50 deposit per room for overnight stay or $10 deposit for day use.
- Please see Fee Schedule below to view our current reservation rates.
- Payment of balance is due 1 week prior to arrival and is non-refundable.
- Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
- Guests are welcome any time after 2:00 pm and rooms are available at 4:00 pm.
- No pets allowed. Certified service animals may be permitted with prior authorization.
Additional Information for Group Reservations:
- Groups designate a coordinator to communicate with the Villa staff and hostess.
- The group coordinator is responsible to communicate Villa policies to their participants and communicate all needs with the Villa staff.
- Two weeks before arriving, the group coordinator assigns group members to their Villa rooms and makes arrangements for meeting room set‐up and AV equipment. The group coordinator assists Villa staff during the retreat.
Rates for Villa Maria Del Mar Retreat Center
Rates for 2019 to 2020
Interested in making a reservation?
Please choose either Individual or Group retreat below or contact the Reservations Coordinator
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 831-475-1236 (Monday through Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm)
* Overnight stay requires a $50 per room non-refundable deposit.
* Day Use requires a $10 non-refundable deposit.
* Payment of balance is due 1 week prior to arrival and is non-refundable.
* Application for partial scholarship funds is available upon request for SNJM sponsored retreats.
* Seaview Room requires 25+ guests to reserve.
* Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
* No pets allowed. Certified service animals may be permitted with prior authorization.