Villa Maria del Mar: A Gift By the Sea
Villa Maria del Mar, in Santa Cruz, CA, is a strikingly beautiful retreat center located on the bluffs overlooking Monterey Bay on the Pacific Ocean. A stunning view of the bay and easy access to the beach makes this an ideal place for quiet reflection and retreat.
The Villa serves a diversity of individuals and groups, who seek a place for prayer, authenticity and union with the Holy in their lives.
In order to foster this health, wholeness and balance, the Villa provides the following:
- Clean rooms, private or double, with a bath;
- Healthy meals prepared by the Epicurean Group including a salad bar and fresh fruit.
- A chapel is available for our guests’ use. A Catholic liturgy is celebrated on Saturdays at 4:00pm by the priests from Our Lady Star of the Sea parish.
- Meeting rooms are equipped with TV, DVD and CD players. The main meeting room has microphones, a podium, screen, easel, chalkboard and projector. Arrangements for equipment use need to be made before arrival.
Other amenities of the Villa include:
- Gardens for walking or sitting;
- On-site parking
- An elevator in the main house;
- Free WIFI;
- Guest Computer and printer
- Photocopying and faxing
Arranging a visit:
- Individuals can call the Villa registrar (831‐475‐1236) Monday through Friday 9:00‐5:30 to make a reservation; or email email@example.com
- A non‐refundable deposit is required to secure the reservation;
- Guests are welcome any time after 2:00pm, and rooms are available at 4:00pm;
- Payment is due on one week prior to arrival.
* Overnight stay requires a $50 per room non-refundable deposit.
* Day Use requires a $10 non-refundable deposit.
* Payment of balance is due 1 week prior to arrival and is non-refundable.
* Application for partial scholarship funds is available upon request for SNJM sponsored retreats.
* Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
* No pets allowed. Certified service animals may be permitted with prior authorization.
* Please check our calendar for retreat opportunities.