Responsibilities of the Group Coordinator
In preparation for your event:
- Call the Villa one month before your event to set the number of participants.
- Complete the Room Assignment and Needs Checklist and return them to the Villa at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Collect all fees from the group participants and pay Villa Maria del Mar one week prior to your stay.
- Communicate with the Villa Reservations Coordinator regarding any changes in the number of participants (see Terms of Agreement on page 2 of contract), any scheduling arrangements, logistics, etc.
- When planning a social hour your group should provide its own food, drinks, cups, plates, and napkins. There is a service charge if the Villa supplies paper products.
Inform your group’s participants of the following:
- Give them a copy of the Villa Policies.
- Directions on how to reach the Villa at 21918 E. Cliff Dr., Santa Cruz, CA 95062.
- You should arrive before the first guests or designate a substitute to be present when the participants begin arriving.
- Pay the balance of your bill 1 week prior to arrival. If adjustments are necessary after payment is submitted we address as needed with the reservations coordinator.
- Assist as needed with registration. You are responsible for any room changes your group members request and also to be available if your group members arrive after 9 pm.
- Communicate with your Villa Hostess throughout your stay regarding photocopying, absence for meals, etc.
- In arranging for A/V equipment, the Villa has a TV/DVD, HDMI cable connected to the TV, a CD recorder, microphone/podium, whiteboard and easel for your use. Please bring your own easel paper and marking pens. There is a projection screen in the Seaview Room, but you must bring your own computer.
- Please consult with your Hostess if your group is planning to use craft/art materials. These items may be used in the dining room where the tables must be covered. Tape may not be used to affix items to the painted or treated wall surfaces.
- If beach activities are planned, your group is to supply any firewood, chairs, towels and blankets. Fires may only be started in legally designated fire circles.
- Assist the Villa Hostess with returning the gathering places to their original order before leaving.
Revised on 12/15/2016